Our WRF Venture Analyst application is currently closed. Details below are from our winter 2019 recruitment. Please check back for updates.
Washington Research Foundation (WRF) is seeking 2-4 Venture Analysts to assist with reviewing potential grants and investments. WRF is a private foundation based in the Eastlake neighborhood of Seattle that supports the development of groundbreaking technologies at non-profit research institutions in Washington state. WRF Capital is the investment vehicle for WRF and invests in startups based in Washington, with a special focus on spin-outs from the same nonprofit research institutions that are the focus of WRF grant-making.
Venture Analysts will perform background research on grant-making and investment opportunities currently under consideration by WRF. Analysts will gain a greater understanding of the process of commercialization as they work for a locally focused foundation and venture capital firm.
WRF Venture Analysts:
- Work up to 10 hours per week, at least two of which must be at WRF's office in Eastlake
- Receive compensation of $30-40/hour
- Are appointed for up to a year based on performance and mutual agreement
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- Must be enrolled in a graduate health degree (e.g. PharmD), a Ph.D. program in a STEM field such as Chemistry, Life Science, Information Technology or Engineering, or in a postdoctoral fellowship program
- Must have the consent of their Ph.D. supervisor, academic advisor or P.I.
- Must display a history of entrepreneurship or entrepreneurial thinking
- Participation in entrepreneurship training (TEC certificate courses in Foster School, Program in Technology Commercialization, SEBA participation, Participation in HIC or Business Plan Competition) or prior business experience will strengthen your application but not be required
Closing date: end of the day on Monday, December 9, 2019.
Selection Process and Timeline
- All CVs and cover letters must be submitted through our Embark applicaton site by the end of the day on Monday, December 9, 2019
- Applicants will be informed whether they are invited to submit a full application by Wednesday, December 11, 2019. Full applications will be due by the end of the day on Monday, January 6, 2020
- Those invited to submit a full application are encouraged to attend an information session with current venture analysts during the week of December 16, 2019. Details will be added shortly
- Candidates will be notified of their final status by January 27, 2020 and asked to accept or decline any potential offer by Monday, February 3, 2020
- Analysts are expected to attend a mandatory luncheon and orientation on Friday, February 7, 2020 from 12-3 p.m. at WRF's offices
If you have further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Application currently closed